Episode Four adds Don Houston / Houston Don of XCritic.com to the Vanzetti / Chauntelle mix.
We really only covered two topics this time, tho we went off on many tangents.
- Ruminations on Marriage 2.0 (1:00)
- Why aren’t all movies hardcore? How does hardcore sex in a movie enhance or detract from storytelling? (15:11)
- Anal Gaping is a little icky? (21:00)
- Does porn influence the sexual habits of our youth? (22:00)
- Has porn pulled back from it’s harder edges and stunt acts (Adriana Chechik does triple anal in Gangbang Me vs. Bridgette Kerkove shoves a bunch of chopsticks up her ass)
- Did the late-90s/early 2000s extreme porn wave stem from the fact that the veteran performers in the industry got bored with “vanilla” sex and, in an attempt to recapture the excitement of sex, go down sidestreets and alleyways and popularize more extreme acts in the process? (30:00)
- Cum omelette?!? Ami Emerson in American Gokkun 8 via Susannah Breslin’s They Shoot Porn Stars, Don’t They? (33:00)
- NewNowNext: Straight Porn Star James Deen On Getting Rimmed: “I Don’t See How It’s Gay” (38:00)
- Rimming: Here to Stay? Who’s the next big name in Pegging? (41:30)
Header book images via romana klee via flickr Creative Commons CC BY-SA 2.0. Production stills from Marriage 2.0
Podcast: Play in new window
Dr. Chauntelle and Jeff are alone this episode as Roger is off in San Francisco publicizing Home Street Home.
- A bit of background on Home Street Home (closes March 7!); Dr. Chauntelle’s Uproxxx article on it (the commenter says its psychobilly, not punk (1:15)
- We’re on iTunes!
- Kendra Sutherland get some molds of her naughty bits made at Pipedream Products (4:27)
- Dr. Chauntelle visits Fleshlight (6:55)
- Our last two episodes have had download in the TRIPLE DIGITS!
- I had a nice email conversation with Eli Cross about the selection process for his movie X Rated: The Greatest Adult Movies of All Time (13:16)
- PornHub sponsors the NY Porn Film Festival – I should clarify that while they sponsored it, they did not curate it. (19:12)
- NYU Local (and others) have pointed out the weird relationship between the indie porn ethic celebrated by the festival, and having the festival sponsored by a company whose main source of income is distributing pirated content and profiting off the traffic.
- Beating the #Pay4YourPorn drum and lamenting tube sites and combating the perception that adult performers are all rolling in cash and are not hurt by piracy.
- An aside, as I think it helps illustrate the issue – Nate Glass of Takedown Piracy assists minor league wrestling organizations along with porn studios in their fight against tube sites and illicit distribution of their material. He shared a Facebook post from The Tommy Dreamer, a producer of wrestling PPV events which sums things up really well.
- People don’t understand Tube Sites business models (29:38)
- Sasha Grey might have done more harm than good by exaggerating the industry via her stint on Entourage (36:36)
- VOD Business Models
- Pink Visual comes to the understanding that treating customers well results in repeat business (44:19)
- Our generic-for-purposes-of-discussion sample domain, CumGuzzlers.com, opens full screen, with sound – so don’t go there if you’re in public or your speakers are turned up.
Podcast: Play in new window