The best laid plans of mice and men….
Our goal for the show, right now anyway, is to release a new episode every other Friday. We didn’t quite get it together last week, so we did get Jeff, Rog and Dr. Chauntelle together on Skype this week to talk about a few things. (Hopefully, the next installment will include our fourth host, Don Houston!)
Until then, here are the topics we covered:
- XRCO Nominations come out next week, and the awards show is unlike most of the other award shows; not the least of which is because it is industry only. (0:00)
- The Submission of Emma Marx 2: Boundaries came out this week in the shadow of Fifty Shades of Grey, and we talk about the movie and BDSM. We love Jacky St. James story and direction (montage!), Eddie Powell‘s score and the performances from Penny Pax and Richie Calhoun (2:20)
- Showtime is running Eli Cross/Bryn Pryor and Paul Fishbein‘s documentary X Rated: The Greatest Adult Movies of All Time; we talked about it and the giant gap from 1984-1992 that they skipped over.
- Porn March Madness? (30:20)
- What is the purpose of male porn performers? (34:45)
- Finally, we wrap it up with a discussion about Veronica Vain and the apparent cynicism in the narrative surrounding her entree into the adult industry and how the mainstream media portrays the industry . (35:40)